I have been working like crazy to get ready for my month of TPT additions! I have 14 new products made (a few FREEBIES in there) and only need (31-14=17) 17 more to make!!! I hope to be finished making them by July 15th so I can be uploading them towards the end of July and blogging about each one has August begins!!! So much fun!!!
For many years I have found that students struggle most with vocabulary. Especially in science and social studies. I have found that talking about words, using words, study words, and writing with words helps students the most in conquering this vocabulary divide!
I just added several vocabulary packets to my TpT store for social studies and cannot wait for you all to check them out! Each packet includes a interactive notebook entry as well as vocabulary quiz. Sometimes I use the interactive notebook pieces as flashcards (fold them the other way) or a matching game (cut them completely apart).
The packets also have BONUSES!!!!! They include a standard poster, essential question poster, and achievement descriptors poster!
Years ago I had the pleasure of going through some training about different learners and how they learn. I have also had a good bit of training on interactive notebooks. Between the two I have come to LOVE having my … Continue reading
My heart is screaming, “Keep Calm and Make it to Christmas Break” right now. I am writing my December newsletter at school and noticed that there are a MILLION things happening in my classroom in the next 15 days of … Continue reading
Teaching fifth grade this year means I am creating a TON of stuff…it is exhausting! I just finished the second nine weeks worth of Teach 5s last week and you can find them here. If you are not sure what … Continue reading
I have been working on some reading packets for some of my favorite books. I just finished a packet for Flat Stanley’s Original Adventure and it can be found here.
I’m currently working on a packet for Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing (Judy Blume was my favorite childhood author) and Goblins in the Castle (if you haven’t read this Bruce Collins book you really must…so much fun to do the voices!).
I have added several new items to my Teachers Pay Teachers store! These items are all fifth grade mostly because of my new position in fifth grade…so if you are looking for:
- Math Standards Posters: These simple posters are great for any classroom theme! Simply print and mount to any color paper, then laminate! Super easy and super flexible when it comes to matchy-matchy classrooms.
- Social Studies Standards Posters
- Science Standards Posters
- Interactive notebook science standard, can do, and EQ: I love these interactive notebook additions! They include each standard with the achievement indicators (beginning learner, developing learner, proficient learner, and distinguished learner) so students know how to best learn the standard, and a place to write the essential question. I love to have students try to answer the EQ before I have taught anything, then draw a line (we call it the line of learning). After the standard has been taught I have students answer the EQ again under the line! This allows me and the students to see the growth of their learning, misunderstandings, and reflection of the week!
- Interactive notebook social studies standard, can do, and EQ
- Interactive notebook science set up kit
- Physical science vocabulary: All of my vocabulary is interactive! Cut out the word and definition attached, then fold it into a little booklet with the information on the inside. Have the students write the word on top and quiz themselves on the definitions! It is super easy, and fun! Plus the parents always compliment this simple entry into the student notebooks.
- Life science vocabulary
- Earth science vocabulary
- Characteristics of science vocabulary
- Teach 5, 1st nine weeks: Teach 5! This was the first thing I began working on when I heard about my move to fifth grade…I cannot begin to emphasize how important Teach 5 is in my classroom! This is a spiral review of the math standards. It is leveled and easy to differentiate in the classroom. Plus I have a free Teach 5 Set Up kit that lets you know how to make your own Teach 5!
Yes, I have been busy creating, but I have also realized that with my first baby on the way I will not be able to make everything myself. I have purchased many items on TPT and found tons of FREE stuff to help me!
Teachers, what are you doing with your summer?
It has been awhile. I know. There are reasons that I will be sharing soon, but not here. I am leaving Shining the Light in Third Grade and moving to a new blog! It’s a Ruff Life can be found here. I would love to have you all join me in my new journey with this new blog. Please come check it out and follow me!
Life is not easy. So many times it feels like we are walking on the edge of a cliff with no other options but to jump and hope that something will catch us. One thing after another goes wrong at … Continue reading
Oh Lord, Today I am offering the only thing I have…my heart. Help me to surrender my heart to you completely. Focus my heart on you. Synch my heart to yours and allow the desires of my heart to be … Continue reading