When Ally, over at Cherry Drop Princess, wrote a post about the Liebster Award I had never heard of it to be honest. So what did I do?
Check out this explanation on this blogger’s award!
Here are the basics:
Rules of Engagement:
1. Thank and link the person who nominated you. Thank you Ally (Cherry Drop Princess)! You are too kind to think of me for this.
2. Answer the questions given by the nominator.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers and link them.
4. Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer .
5. Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
Cherry Drop Princess’ Questions for me:
If you could be born in any period of history, when would you choose? I love to read about the late 1800s and the westward expansion. I think it would be tough to be on the Oregon Trail, but at the same time a great adventure!
What are you most proud of doing? I am most proud of …ummm. Great question! I think I am most proud of being married to my amazing husband and watching him/helping him with God’s youth ministry and missions ministries. I will always be his biggest fan and cheerleader and I am proud to be just that!
What’s your favorite book? If I am picking children’s books I would say Goblins in the Castle by Bruce Coville, but if I am picking adult books I would say anything and everything by Rachel Hauck. I cannot put her books down and reread many of them throughout the year! Love her!
Why did you start blogging? I started blogging to share my ideas and thoughts about being a christian teacher in a public school. God has given me a passion and calling for teaching, but this can be difficult to do in a public school setting (which is where I feel called to be).
What’s your favorite ice cream flavor? I worked at Brewster’s Ice Cream for a summer, so this is not an easy question. Most days I am going for anything chocolate, especially if it is chocolate cake batter ice cream.
Do you have any pets? I have two dogs, Buddy and Harley, (black lab mutts) and a mule, Autumn, (my horse died soon after giving birth to the mule).
If you read the bible, what is your favorite verse? I could not possibly pick just one favorite. Today the verse that has captured my heart is Psalm 86:11 “Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart to revere your name.”
As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? I always wanted to be a teacher, however when I was 15 I thought I wanted to be an interior designer. I still love to design and decorate, but don’t want to make a career out of it.
What is your most treasured possession? My prayer journals are my most treasured possessions. I told a friend last week that if my house burnt down the thing I would be most upset about losing would be my prayer journals.
What could you eat every day for the rest of your life? Macaroni and cheese!
What is your favorite board game? My husband and I love board games and currently LOVE Seven Wonders and Pandemic. Great games!
The blogs I nominate for the Liebster Award are:
I know I was supposed to nominate 11 people, but because I do not have the internet at home I do not read a ton of blogs. I would renominate Cherry Drop Princess because I love to read her blog as well, but she has already been nominated.
Here are my questions:
- Why do you blog?
- What is your favorite thing to do on a sunny Sunday afternoon?
- Do you have siblings? How many? Interesting fact about each?
- Who is your favorite author to read?
- What was your favorite subject in school?
- If you read the bible, what is the verse you turn to for encouragement?
- If you are a christian, what is your salvation story/testimony?
- Who do you turn to when you need to laugh? Shoulder to cry on?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- If you were to brag about something, what would it be?
Thanks again for Cherry Drop Princess for the nomination and good luck to all of my nominees!