I started reading a new book yesterday and to say the least I am excited!!!!!!!!! One of the questions the book asks in the first chapter (of course I’m on ch. 8 now!!!! Love it!) is:
Within your profession, but not specific to your subject matter, what are you passionate about?
I am passionate about:
– making life-long learners
– inspiring creativity
– creating problem- solvers
– giving students the tools to be successful as U.S. Citizens
– causing students to THINK
– teaching children to speak for themselves and be responsible for themselves
– allowing students to discover their own learning in a meaningful way
– teaching other teachers or pre-service teachers about technology in the classroom, differentiation, meeting students where they are, making learning fun, and pushing children to their highest potential
– SOOOOO many more things (I couldn’t possibly list them all)!!!!!
What are you passionate about in your profession?
If you can’t think of anything, why are you in that profession?