I love burlap! I love wreaths! So a few months ago I made a burlap wreath for my front door that I could use for all months of the year. I can make each month or season as unique as I would like by simply changing the accessories I add to the wreath.
Here is the basic final product:
Okay, so here is how you can make this:
- Buy a 14″ Styrofoam wreath, 2 rolls of burlap ribbon (5″ wide and 15′ long), and 1 package of floral pins
- Cut the burlap ribbon into 5″ squares
- Holding 1 square of burlap, fold opposite corners towards one another.
- Then take the left corner to meet the two corners which are already touching on the backside.
- Next take the right corner to meet the three corners which are already touching on the front side.
- Using one floral pin, pin the burlap where the corners meet to any starting point on the foam wreath.
- Repeat steps 3-6 until the entire wreath is covered.
I bought a small wooden “R” and painted it black, attached it with black ribbon and a floral pin to my wreath. I always leave the “R” on the wreath, but I change my other accessories monthly/seasonally. Take a look at a few of my accessories!
February’s Valentines Wreath
Spring’s Floral Wreath
June/July’s Independence Day Wreath
I buy most of my accessories at Hobby Lobby (when they are on sale of course) or create them myself (the flowers for spring were placed in the tin with foam).
I hope you all are inspired and can create your own burlap wreath now too!